Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Industrious Indeed

My first attempt at a rhyming poem (way back in 1982) - once while idling in a corner and staring into nowhere - some ants caught my attention - these ants were the inspiration behind this .

INDUSTRIOUS INDEED

The other day I saw
Bent down on my paw
A sight so delightful
In a corner plentiful
Ants at play

My eyes chanced to fall
Upon the blue wall
Ants, two, with a worm
Feed gripped so firm
Hard at work

Moving so cautiously
Inching up slowly
Quick tiny steps take
'Cause goal they must break
Destination to reach

Drop they their prey
Many times astray
Rise again from floor
Try they must as before
Each time meliorate

Alas! the prey they lost
Ran fatigued frantic fast
The worm they dropt (as dropped)
Quite below O! the fault
Fatuitous ants they

Must help I thought
With my finger I caught
And guiding it brought
Towards the worm lying dropt
Prominent on floor

Overjoyed having prevailed
Happily they minueted
Soon they ascended anew
Along the path they knew
More mindful now
-sundari giri

No comments:

Post a Comment